new shortie from SJ Bolton's "Lacey Flint" series
new shortie from SJ Bolton's "Lacey Flint" series
image

Let’s be honest here…I would read a book of recipes if it was written by Sharon Bolton. So picking up her latest is a complete no-brainer for me. But there will always be a special place for her stories featuring Lacey Flint.

It’s been a while since the last full length book but periodically a novella appears to help ease the pain of withdrawal. The last one was “Here Be Dragons”,  a tense little story with a final line that drew sighs of relief from fans around the world.

So when I saw this one I went into full on beg/barter/steal mode. At last….Lacey’s wedding. But a niggling wee voice kept reminding me of all the times my delicate little jaw has hit the floor while reading her stuff. Nah…she wouldn’t…would she?

I’m not saying a word about the plot. There are only 3 things you need to know: it’s 45 pages long, it features Lacey & Mark & you must get it. Do whatever it takes, you won’t be disappointed. And best of all, there’s a glimmer of hope at the end that there will be more to follow. Now if you’ll excuse me….I have to get some ice for my jaw.