I Have Sinned - Caimh McDonnell

Ah, jeeze....where to begin. If you've read this author before (and if you haven't, what?!) you know what I mean. Although loosely labeled as crime fiction, his books defy genre. They're a wild mix of suspense & humour with some of the most original characters you'll meet & this one follows suit. Trust me, "mayhem" doesn't even begin to describe it.

If you live in the States, be very afraid. Bunny McGarry has landed. He's supposed to be searching for the only woman he ever loved & needs to locate a group of nuns but keeps getting distracted. He ends up in Cooperstown, a suburb that makes the Bronx look like the Hamptons. Pretty soon he's involved with an odd priest & some disadvantaged kids who will break your heart.

But don't worry, you'll spend most of your time laughing & wondering about the author's sanity. The story heads off in a dozen directions but somehow makes sense. Just know it's a great read where you'll run into a deranged Irishman, spooky nuns, a cabbie with anger management issues & (*WARNING*) clowns.

As a bonus, it's also educational as I've expanded my vocabulary of Irish swear words. And I must find out what a lilo is so I can use it properly. It's a smart, entertaining read & I can't wait to see where Bunny crash-lands next.